Friday, June 29, 2012

Meet the K2 Teacher


Hello, my name is Teri Keith. The saying "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could" certainly applies to me. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA and educated in Ohio (Miami University, B.S. and Xavier University, M. Ed.)  We came here to Coppell at the beginning of the new millennium and have loved every minute of it.
Kindergarten is my favorite grade level to teach because of the phenomenal growth students achieve. I like to call it the year of "developmental explosions". You can often see children's developmental changes from one day to the next. My classroom allows students to discover and learn using their imaginations and skills, and is mixed with a solid amount of discipline and love.
My twin sons, Bobby and AJ, spent their elementary years here at Lakeside, have moved through middle school at CMS North and are now at CHS. It's hard to believe they're in high school! My step-daughter, Caroline, just graduated from Texas Christian University, majoring in TV/Radio/Film. My wonderful husband, Tom, has spent his entire career at IBM. In our spare time, we enjoy playing a variety of sports, gardening, traveling and trying to teach our 9-year old lab, Austin, to stop chewing on shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment